Transport Manager-FMCG national food supplier
£28,000-£31,000 + Company Benefits
I am looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Transport Manager with previous warehouse and transport backgrounds. You will need supervisory and people management experience.
Working within a team environment, you will assist the Warehouse Manager with both warehouse and transport operational KPIs to tight deadlines and drive improvements by engaging the team in promoting a positive culture.
You will be required to work alternate shift patterns of 6.00am to 2.00pm & 2.00pm to 10.00pm and 5 days per week, Monday to Friday, but flexibility of hours is required to cover operational needs.
Job role & requirements:
- CPC Certificate of Professional Competence
- A good understanding of multi-temperature warehouse procedures and compliance
- Supervisory / Management experience, ideally in an FMCG warehousing environment
- Experienced people manager ideally for from the food or drink sector
- Proficient in Transport/Warehouse management systems
- Management and control of top-level cost and productivity KPIs
- Specialising in Logistics will engage you in managing our warehouse teams: Goods In, Selection or Goods Out and the training will ensure you are ready to lead either team successfully
- Extensive Health & Safety knowledge
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to develop self and others
- A good understanding of Transport Legislation and the impact of noncompliance to protect the company Operator Licence
- Ability to effectively plan labour and resource to deliver operational requirements to a timely manner whilst meeting agreed KPI’s and Service Levels
- A good understanding of multi-temperature warehouse/transport procedures and compliance
- PC skills for Excel / Word / PowerPoint andWMSexperience
This is an exciting opportunity to join a positive, supportive team, and earn the utmost in employee rewards and career development.
Interested in this challenge - send your CV to taj@corecruitment
COREcruitment are experts in recruiting for the service sector. We currently have over 700 live roles across the UK, Middle East, Europe, North America, South East Asia, Africa and Australia. To view other great opportunities please check out our website at www.corecruitment.com or call us on +44 207 790 2666 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
We give away fantastic prizes... every month!