Wine Education & Development Manager
Posted 1 week ago
Wine Education & Development Manager – FMCG – Leading Drinks Distributor
Position: Wine Education & Development Manager
Reports to: Wine Director
Salary: Up to £40,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Location: London and South East (Travel required)
My client is a well-established leading drinks distributor who have a great reputation for supplying a vast array of beverages to the on-trade market across the South East. They offer an envious portfolio, including all the classics in alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as well as the upcoming craft brands, to a massive client base including some of the biggest names in restaurants, bars, pubs and hotels.
They are seeking a Wine Education & Development Manager to join their team to oversee the growth and development of their current wine business. This will include increasing the wine sales of existing customers and prospecting alongside the Sales Representatives for new business, whilst also being responsible for the WSET education of both staff and customers.
- Continuous liaison with the Wine Director
- Ensuring continuous development and increase of wine business within the company
- WSET Level 1 and 2 education to both staff and customers
- Contribute vision and expertise to wine meetings
- Effective use of wine sampling
- Ongoing support to the Sales Team
- Creating customer wine list proposals
- Organising customer tastings and events
- Preparation and adherence to effective journey planning
The Ideal Wine Education & Development Manager:
- Must be educated to WSET Diploma level and ideally certified as a WSET Educator, although this can be organised and supported by the company if necessary.
- Proven experience of work within the wine and alcohol industry.
- An excellent commercial awareness, specifically to the On -Trade market.
- Proven to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Excel a must.
- Proven experience of working within a sales environment.
- An excellent knowledge of wine trends and understanding customer needs and expectations.
- Excellent brand and product knowledge.
If you are interested in having a chat about this role, please forward updated CV’s to Mikey at COREcruitment.
COREcruitment are experts in recruiting for Hospitality, Catering, Leisure, Retail, FM, Property and Construction sectors. We currently have over 1350 live roles across the UK, Middle East, Europe, Africa, North & Central America and South East Asia.
To view other great opportunities please check out our websitewww.corecruitment.comor call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities. Likewise, if you are looking to recruit then we would love to hear from you.
Follow COREcruitment on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram