Posted 1 week ago
The Role: Building Surveyor
Sector: Construction / Project Management
Our growing client provide professional services, design, contract administration and project management services to a diverse range of clients and to support their growth we are seeking a Building Surveyor to join the team in Oxford.
As a Building Surveyor you will contribute to the team in all areas of work. This can be as diverse as carrying out surveys to produce planned preventative maintenance schedules for an Oxford College campus, through to visiting a site to check that reinforcement is placed correctly for a flood defence scheme to a factory.
In Oxford, they have a dedicated specialist flood consultancy, building conservation specialists and they operate in other niche markets at a national level.
- Undertake professional services (such as dilapidations, party wall, acquisition surveys)
- Oversee the design and production of planning, tender and construction drawings
- Liaise with external structural engineers and other sub-consultants
- Determine project specifications, client requirements and performance standards; complete technical studies; prepare cost estimates
- Undertake the Principal Designer role under the CDM Regulations
- Identify technical solutions and undertake feasibility studies to identify optimum designs
- Represent the Project and Building Consultancy department internally and to clients
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of drawing production
- Produce specifications and contract documentation
- Ensure specifications and procedures are used and followed
- Liaise with surveyors to forecast workload and resources required
- Be aware of all client design requirements
- Supervise the preparation and checking of 2D/3D drawings
- Be responsible for and take accurate site measurements from inception through to construction to ensure accuracy of information produced
- Ensure all work undertaken is produced accurately to standards in a timely and efficient manner
To be considered for this opportunity please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be able to live and work without restriction in the UK
To view all our vacancies go to www.corecruitment.com