Director of Rooms - Luxury Resort
Posted 3 months ago
Director of Rooms – Luxury Resort
Salary: CHF 7000 - CHF 7500 per Month
Location: Engelberg – Switzerland
Languages: Speak German, French and English
I am working with a Luxury Hotel Brand who is looking for a Director of Rooms to join their team asap.
The Director of Rooms is responsible to ensure the smooth and efficient running of all operational aspects of Rooms Division related departments (Front Office, Housekeeping, Laundry, Spa, Recreation etc.) and to ensure that the various departments are run according to the standards set for the brand in general and the hotel specifically.
A little insight:
The job of Director of Rooms is executed satisfactorily when:
- The operations of all Rooms Division related departments are running smoothly:
- Positive guest feed-back on all channels including one on one, social media
- CSS (Customer Satisfaction Survey) results are rated on an average with “5” and above
- LQA (Leading Quality Assurance) audit results are 85% and above
- ESS (Employee Satisfaction Survey) results are 75% and above
- Guest Experience is implemented
- Hotel policies, procedures and their respective standards are implemented
- Profitability and occupancy are achieved according to budget and forecast
- Actively support and implement Talent Development initiatives as a part of their daily activities.
What you will be doing:
- Participate in development and preparation of hotel’s strategic plan.
- Preparation of budget and monitoring of revenues.
- Profit and loss responsibility.
- Coordinate with Revenue Management and Sales to maximize room occupancy, rates and profits.
- Optimize revenue by sales-promoting activities and collaborating with Revenue
- Management in order to achieve the best possible Revenue Penetration Market Share in the market.
- Control the duty roster for sub-departments guaranteeing quality as well as highest personnel cost efficiency.
- Oversee all labor cost controls within budget limits and occupancy variances to maximize productivity.
- Conduct interviews with potential candidates.
- Manage all operational tasks including their delegation and follow-up.
- Re-evaluate work flows to improve and optimize organization.
- Implement and evaluate procedures and policies.
- Ensure clear communications with all other department heads.
- Create career development plans for all employees who are either part of the Talent Pool or High Potentials.
- Regularly organize departmental meetings.
- Communicate management strategy and targets to department heads and line staff and ensure implementation.
- Ensure and communicate up-to-date procedures for all safety relevant measures with the Fire & Safety team.
- Conduct daily walk throughs to ensure quality standards and cleanliness in front and back of the house areas.
- Check the technical situation of the departments in Rooms Divisions.
- Maintain a high visibility with guests and employees.
- Responsible for maintaining 85% score during LQA inspections.
- Pre-opening tasks and responsibilities where applicable.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
A must have to qualify:
- Euro passport or have Swiss working rights in place
- Speak German, French and English
- Experience in Luxury hotels or hotel work background
To apply, please send your current resume and portfolio of work to email@example.com